Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Explore English

Good morning,

What a beautiful day today. I hope you all get outside at some point to enjoy the weather.

As promised, here is another one of my favourite TED Talks.  Andrew Stanton talks about the clues to a great story. It seems appropriate after reading and marking all your amazing plot graphs. Again, the students of Explore deliver the goods!

Warning: the beginning starts with an edgy joke that contains an expletive. 

A note on your written responses:

At the end of this week, you should have at least six written responses. Three from this week, and more from our time together in class (Pre-Global-Pandemic-Armageddon). I will ask you to submit 2 two-paragraph responses. In other words, hand in two of your best. Edit, revise, polish, buff, clean-up, and present to me your finished work.

Was that too wordy? I'll try again. Submit two edited responses. Each should be at least two paragraphs long.

What am I looking for? A demonstration of your ability to make meaningful and insightful commentary, connections to you and others in the world, thoughtful and provocative writing. Show me quality in your written expression. 

How will I mark them? Each response will be marked on a 6-point grading scale for a total of 12 marks.

Enjoy Andrew Stanton

https://www.ted.com/talks/andrew_stanton_the_clues_to_a_great_story?language=en


No comments:

Post a Comment